Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Welcome to my house

So we all know Halloween means haunted houses galore. I visited three haunted attractions this past weekend which is a big deal for me because I have never been to a haunted house before. Some were surprisingly better than others, which lead me to to wonder why some were not as popular. I decided to look into how they were marketing themselves on social media. Netherworld, the #1 haunted house in America, doesn't really need to market itself too much because it is already well recognized. However, they have a blog that is updated frequently. They also are very active on facebook and twitter.

Bloodwood, which is a local haunt in Rome, Georgia is only really known by the locals. They are well known by the people of Rome for being very scary and having good effects. I was surprised I liked it even better than Netherworld which is double the price. Still, online it is very difficult to find information on Bloodwood. They only have a Facebook page which they seem to rarely use. It's a shame unfortunately, but Bloodwood would probably be just as popular as Netherworld if they would market themselves more on social media. Without that kind of marketing, it remains unknown except to the locals. Maybe that's how they prefer it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment